Nizar Qabbani, a Feminist Poet?
Alissa El Assaad
June 12, 2016
Nizar Qabbani, known for his sensual and romantic verses. He has spent his life fighting for women’s freedom and empowerment. By briefly studying various Poems from various periods of his life, we can trace 4 types of woman that he creates a dialogue with in his poetry. The Sultan’s Daughter, The Sultan’s Wife, The Reckless Woman and The Lady Friend in Exile.
Sources & Future References
- The Feminism of Nizar Qabbani I
- Kabbani’s Women: From The Sultan’s Wife To The Lady Friend in Exile
- The Feminism of Nizar Qabbani II
- I Have No Power – By Nizar Qabbani
- The cover of Nizar Qabbani’s first collection of poetry in 1944
- Dissertation on Nizar Qabbani
- Nizar Qabbani Biography
- نزار قباني – قصيدة بلقيس كاملة
- نزار قباني منتشي طرباً مع كاظم الساهر في جلسة خاصة
- الشاعر نزار قباني
If you would like to contact the presenter directly, please email us at afikra and we will connect you!