What did the Egyptian Monarchy leave behind for Modern Egypt?
May 26, 2018
WWI and WWII have both contributed to the establishment and dissolution of the modern Kingdom of Egypt. Such effects coupled with the internal nationalist movement and the English interventions; the Egypt we know today looked very different.
Sources & Future References
- Goldschmidt Jr., Arthur. “A Brief History of Egypt”
- King, Joan Wucher. “Historical Dictionary of Egypt”
- Time Magazine “Egypt, A Tale of Two Autocrats”
- Al Jazeera Documentary “King Farouk, the last king”
- Al Jazeera Documentary “Kingdom of Egypt”
If you would like to contact the presenter directly, please email us at afikra and we will connect you!